This donation includes one Windows MultiPoint Server Premium server license, which supports up to 20 simultaneously connected user stations.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Windows MultiPoint Server to:
- Set up and maintain a computer lab, classroom, or other collaborative environment without server administration experience or a dedicated IT staff
- Save energy, simplify maintenance, and lower expenses by operating a shared computing environment
- Connect aging desktops, laptops, or thin clients as additional user stations by connecting them to the host computer using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) over a local area network (LAN)
- Centralized administration: The MultiPoint Manager application allows administrators to set up and manage Windows MultiPoint Server user stations. Administrators can create accounts for an unlimited number of users, who can access their customized desktop and settings by logging in to any user station.
- User monitoring:The MultiPoint Dashboard application allows nonadministrators, such as classroom instructors or computer lab staff, to monitor and interact with user stations. Dashboard users can view user activity, block users, limit web access, and project their desktop activities to all users. They can also open chat sessions with users and take control of a user's desktop to provide hands-on assistance.
- System restoration: Disk Protection protects the host computer by discarding changes made during user sessions and restoring the host computer to a "last known good state" after reboot.
- Shared software:Software programs installed on the host computer can be accessed from any user station, without separately installing the software for each user. (Note that Microsoft Office and other Microsoft programs require a separate license for each user station in a Windows MultiPoint Server environment. Other software manufacturers may have their own licensing requirements for shared computing environments.)
- Desktop virtualization: Administrators can create Windows 7 or Windows 8 client virtual machines to map to MultiPoint stations. These virtual machines can run software that might not be compatible with a 64-bit server operating system.
- Active Directory support: Windows MultiPoint Server can join an Active Directory domain and also participate in Group Policy and other domain functions.
Windows MultiPoint Server is a special version of the Windows Server operating system. Each user station that connects to Windows MultiPoint Server must have two types of client access licenses (CALs), which are not included with this donation.
- Windows Server device CAL
- Windows Remote Desktop Services device CAL
These two CALs are available through TechSoup. If the host computer is used as a user station and not just for administration, it requires both types of CALs as well.
User CALs can be used instead of device CALs, but this is not recommended. Per-user licensing would be more costly in a typical MultiPoint Server setup than per-device licensing. For example, a setup with the maximum of 20 user stations would require 20 of each device CAL for any number of users. If licensed per user, the same setup would require each user to have separate licenses.
取得產品: 從 2013/10/10 開始，微軟將不再提供軟體光碟。一旦您完成訂單與匯款手續，請留意組織註冊的 email 信箱，您將收到微軟所寄送的「大量授權捐贈協議啟用信」，請依照指示確認合約並取得軟體與金鑰。軟體的下載與安裝方式，請參考「該如何處理從微軟下載的ISO檔？」或「使用 ISO檔安裝全新的微軟作業系統」。授權金鑰讓您可以使用安裝光碟安裝產品，安裝授權的次數就是您所申請的次數。安裝過程您會收到三封電子郵：
- 微軟將寄送一封主旨為「微軟大量授權捐贈協議啟用信」的 Email。如果申請組織是第一次使用大量授權服務中心，您應該等待這封讓您能註冊、登入大量授權服務中心的指示信。
軟體保證: 基於微軟軟體保證計畫，在合約啟用的 2 年內，可免費升級到最新可用的版本。